@cosmicgirlie
Tara Cain does this pretty cool thing every week called The Gallery. I've been reluctant to get involved, mainly because I see everyone else's stuff and spend far too much time berating my own. But I need to get over that.

So I'm contributing this week, and the theme is numbers. It was a tricky one, I suck at stuff like that, but here goes.


This picture was taken down in Devon a few weekends ago (click the pic to see more from Devon). When I took the picture, I felt oddly breathless, a little strange and I couldn't work out why. The scene took my breath away, but scenery rarely does that for me.

On reflection, I realised it was because, for the first time in such a long time, I had done the one thing I've wanted to do for so very long.

To disappear.

Surrounded by what felt like sky scraping trees, I had finally disappeared and felt like no one would ever find me. I had become no one, invisible to all, hidden away, hoping never to be seen again. It was escape. Everything was lifted off me, for those few short moments. And yet, the stream of sunlight reminded me of my existence; like it was a spotlight just for me. Reminding me I'm not a big fat zero, but that I still count.

My number is 0. I was nothing. And somehow, I was everything I wanted to be.



(Thanks to Tara C, Dave F, Dave M and LeslieAnn. They know why.)
15 Responses
  1. Wow. A fabulous picture. How dare you say you're reluctant to join in when you product pix (and words) like that.
    You're not a Big Fat Zero, you're a Big Fat Hero.


  2. Adrenalynn Says:

    Wow... I feel breathless looking at this too.


  3. Trish Says:

    Bloody brilliant photo! You'd better put something in next week too - love the narrative that goes with it!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Brilliant photo and brilliantly written!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Beautiful photo and words to accompany.

    CJ xx


  6. Susie Says:

    Wow-very deep. Beautiful picture as well.


  7. Wow, beautiful scene and description of its effects on you. I'm a big fan of outdoor spaces like this and I love the opportunity they provide for escape, especially as I live in an urban area.


  8. Wow, thank you all for the lovely feedback!! :o)


  9. Marianne Says:

    Love the photo with the sun coming through the trees and even more I love your words to go with the photo.
    From nothing back to nothing.


  10. Beautiful photo, beautiful words.


  11. This is such a beautiful picture, you capture the vastness of it all so well.


  12. Unknown Says:

    Incredible photo and what a beautifully written story behind it. I really love the way the sun is coming through the trees and that they seem to go on forever


  13. Holly Button Says:

    This is a fab picture, the angle you took it at really makes it. You should be proud.


  14. Jo Beaufoix Says:

    That is blumming fabulous, and you described what you felt beautifully. Blimey, and I gave you a rubber duck. Hangs head in shame. ;D


  15. Amazing photo, and a great explanation.

    (and you're welcome :) x)