@cosmicgirlie
Due Date: 04/21/2009
Week: 41+2 days
Month: 10
Trimester: 3
Fetus Age: 39 weeks
Time to Go: I don't like that question anymore.
Size: Yeah.
Time til potential induction: Tomorrow.

May I mention a few things? (well I'm gonna anyway)

My Baby Widget (bottom left column): Did anyone see where the little floating baby thing went from inside the widget? Is someone trying to tell me something? If you took the lil baby, can you please return it? Otherwise I have no excuse for this colossal belly.

Inductions: I have had a LOT of feedback (and I mean A LOT) about inductions. And it's interesting to hear your stories of how they went. Now it's important that you understand my point of view. I have nothing against them. Women need them all the time. I know that. I Understand that. Totally. I honestly do.

What's also important is that not everyone's story is the same. I do not judge anyone for having an induction; Christ no. I have my reasons for my decisions in terms of an induction. And they seem to revolve around being told "Labour! Dangerous! GAH!" and then in the same breath, "Labour! You need it! GAH!"

I need my body to BE READY to potentially deliver a large baby with the additional complications. It was ready with Noah. Which is why that birth went so well. I am fully aware that Noah's birth could have gone so much worse. But my body (and mind) was ready for anything. Including taking on the world, cos I'd like to try being a superhero like that, but anyway I digress.

I DO NOT feel as ready for this birth, and that's just ONE reason why I'm against induction right now. I know my body. I understand it. More than anyone else could, because it's mine. And right now, I have very little faith in a LOT of things, which makes me feel not ready. Hell, as of this minute, I have no idea how I feel about potentially being induced tomorrow.

In the same breath, I would also like to THANK YOU for your support, it really means a lot. I know so many of you out there DO in fact give a shit, and I seriously, seriously appreciate it. I love you all. Apart from when you poke fun and then I just salute you the finger from behind my mac.

Texts/messages: Again, I know you all care. I appreciate that. But it's hard to deal with when in one day, the texts go into DOUBLE FIGURES asking if I've had the baby yet. Please PLEASE remember that of all of us, I'm quite possibly THE MOST frustrated and anxious of us all, and it's made harder to remain chilled out when I'm constantly addressing the fact that NO I HAVE NOT HAD THE BABY YET I WILL NOT FORGET TO TELL YOU IT'S GOING TO BE PRETTY DAMN HARD TO MISS REMEMBER HOW YOU FELT WHEN PEOPLE HARASSED YOU ALL THE TIME AND OMFG AARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

So, um, yes, again I appreciate it, but please assume that I will update the the very second I have a contraction worth mentioning or I stand up and think I've spectacularly pissed myself when in fact my waters have gone or They finally get their wicked way with my Mary Jane and induce me. I won't forget you all, I promise.

(In fact, if you check my blog from when I went into labour with Noah, you'll see that you lovely people were in fact second to be updated, the first being D because you know, I felt that he was a little bit more important.) 

(And Kelly I wouldn't expect anything less from you, lady.)

Tomorrow is yet another stressful Friday, where I wonder if I'll be coming home or not after the appointment. I have no idea what's going to happen, though I'm anticipating being home sometime next Tuesday.

Now, if someone (A3?) could return my 2nd bag of Skittles, I would appreciate it because I can't find them, chocolate choux buns and eclairs are getting dull and might have to start kicking some ass soon.
3 Responses
  1. Ah, baby advice. Everybody has it. What to do while you're pregnant, drugs or no, delivery, then everything after. Oh, and don't forget everybody's opinion on what you want to name your child.

    Here's my advice. Take it all in, smile and nod, and then ignore everyone. EVERYONE. You'll be a lot less stressed. Good luck.


  2. Artie Says:

    I am unclear of the expectation of me. what should I be doing? =)
    I wish your damn water would break right NOW. I'm willing it!!!
    ugh. sorry this is all so ...ugh.

    thinking of you!!!


  3. Kat Says:

    Hang in there sunshine!