@cosmicgirlie
Due Date: 04/21/2009
Week: 26+1 day
Month: 7
Trimester: 2
Fetus Age: 24 weeks
Heartbeat: Given the movement, I would say yes.
Time to Go: 96
Size: A teeny, tiny, miniscule pea.
Time til 4D Scan: 18 days

D and I discussed at length what the hell could be causing Noah's cough. I had a brilliant email from a friend who's little girl, same age as Noah, was doing EXACTLY the same thing; barely any coughing in the day, shit loads at night, not even really waking up, cough medicines doing shit all etc, and she suggested something. So last night, I tried it. Turn down/off the radiator.

Was feeling pretty smug for the first hour or two. And then the coughing began. Again. For Christ's sake.

We've dusted, hoovered, changed sheets, got an ionizer, the works. There was no way this Bitch Ass cough was gonna get us now. Put him down for his nap today... aaaaaand he coughed so bad, I actually ran up the stairs (I haven't run anywhere for a good few months now, it's not physically possible - or so I thought), petrified he was going to choke to death. I scooped him up, wrapped him in his blanket, and for the first time in about 7 months, we slept for an hour on the bed. He barely coughed.

So tonight we tried again. Turned his radiator down again, changed the sheets again, calpol vapour thingy again, but this time, we put him with his head at the other end of the cot. Away from the wall, away from the radiator. We haven't heard a peep from him yet.

Now, I know you're all thinking "PHEW!" and quite possibly breathing a sigh of relief. That is, right up until I just nipped upstairs to check he was still alive (since he was being so quiet), only to find him in his original position. He'd turn himself around. And he still isn't coughing.

I don't know if it's possible, but I wonder if even in his sleep, he's still smug.
Labels: , | edit post