@cosmicgirlie
D and I have been out on a date already since Isaac was born. We went to Simpson's, and I drank as much as I wanted. And ate a 7 course menu. And loved. Every. Minute.

This week, we're heading down to London to go and stay at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, and eat at Gordon Ramsay's The Restaurant. I have new clothes, kick-ass spank-me shoes and a new bag. I haven't slimmed down for it, and I'm not bothered. We're staying one night and I can't wait.

Next week we've booked a date to go and see Harry Potter 6 when it's out on the 15th at the cinema, and yes we're going to a late night showing. We wonder if we'll be home before 1 a.m.

Last night I did my first concert in a while, as principal cellist. It was hard work but not in ways that you'd expect. And it has left me in the same position as before; seriously wondering if I want to go back to playing full time. I don't think I do. And I think I'm ok with that.

In the freezer I have around 140 fl.oz of expressed boob juice, ready to go for Isaac whenever I am absent for whatever reason. And yes, 140 fl.oz is nearly 4 litres. I've been hoarding since day one, have dipped into supplies already, and have run out of room to store any more milk in the freezer. I can give my kid the best I can, and yet still live a life doing things I like to try and do. And that's freaking awesome.

I've done several mornings, half days and full days of looking after both boys on my own. For a long time I thought I'd never be able to do it, and dreaded the day when I knew I'd have to do it all on my own. I know moms do it all the time, they just get on with it. But I had my own fears. And despite having days when I wasn't sure any of us were going to make it through alive (and yes that includes the boys), I live to wear my Mom-of-Two badge with pride.

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it. Sure it's early days, I know the shit will indeed hit the fan, there will be times when I will repeatedly pull my hair out, or scream myself hoarse, or be convinced that I am SO not cut out to be a good mom of two, but that's where we're at, and I like it right now.
4 Responses
  1. Artie Says:

    you've been on more dates since isaac was born than we have in a year!! good for you. *jealous*
    and dude...that's alot of milk.
    so I hardly think you need to question your status...I'm feeling rather inadequate right now after reading your post. LOL

    your screaming days are a ways off. I am only just now breaking up "fights" LOL. I usually laugh when I turn my back afterwards, but its growing in frequency as she gets comfy in her role as "little sister". yours are same gender and closer in age so it will be a bit different but you'll survive that too. For each new challenge, there is (usually) a little something (a milestone) that makes it easier.


  2. Samantha Says:

    OH! Yay for Date Nights... yay for a night away.... and most of all, YAY FOR HP#6!!! ;)

    Oh... and yay for 140oz.... that's FREAKN' awesome!!

    Nice work Momma!


  3. Cassandra Says:

    This post SERIOUSLY made me smile!!!! :D :D :D xxxxx


  4. Jen Says:

    You're amazing. I don't know how you do it. How do you have FOUR SPARE LITRES of milk? I managed to accumulate about 60 fl oz in the freezer at one point - but it took me months and months, and I wasn't dipping into it...
    And dates? What's that?... I can't remember the last time I went on one. I'm so jealous I'm turning a scary shade of green (it could be the morning sickness kicking in tho...)
    ENJOY! And free up a day in your busy diary for James and I to visit please. I break up on the 22nd.
    xxxxxxxxxx