@cosmicgirlie
Last Friday we had an offer on the house. It wasn't quite as much as we'd hoped (£5k less) but you know what? It's an offer. And we accepted!! Hoorah!!

So we spent the weekend frantically trawling the internet looking for properties to go and view, and MAN did we trawl. We printed off, we compared, we even drove round and had a look at some from the outside.

SO. FREAKEN. EXCITED.

And then yesterday? The Estate Agents called. And said Mrs Buckingham (YES, I am naming and shaming, and I don't give a rats ass) has withdrawn her offer. She has put an offer on another property which has now become available again, and she would like to go for that one instead. So in short, thanks, but no thanks.

I am livid. She kept us dangling like fucking idiots all weekend, until she knew which property she could definitely have, felt she could pick and choose. I spent most of yesterday in tears; I was having a bad day anyway - my right leg and hip is slowly but surely getting worse, I hadn't eaten ANYTHING, the doorbell was going every few minutes and I was slowly going batshit.

So we're back to square one - on the market looking for buyers. We're about to switch agents; our current agents aren't the most helpful...so I guess we see how it goes. How people can screw others around like that is just beyond me.
Labels: | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Jackie Says:

    What a snatch! How is she allowed to just withdraw her offer???


  2. Cassandra Says:

    Hunny Im so sorry, that SERIOUSLY sucks!!!
    People should absolutely not be allowed to do that its unhelpful and actually just damn cruel. (You cant in Scotland, not that thats any help to you obviously)
    Really hope you have another offer very very soon *hugs* xxxxxxx


  3. mommaruth - you have no idea how often I've thought about trying to track her down and lay a guilt trip on her...

    Lisa - LOL It DOES make you feel better, doesn't it? ;)

    Jackie - Unfortunately there are no laws here against it. Shitter, huh?

    Cass - I heard about the Scotland thing! And yes it IS cruel, especially after we've seen two properties that we'd put an offer on in a heartbeat if we could... *rolls eyes*


  4. Artie Says:

    that sucks. I don't know how you're even surviving showing your house with kids. I have anxiety attacks just thinking about it. can't imagine. my cleaning lady came friday and saturday everything was totally fooked.