@cosmicgirlie
I made a new friend recently, and it's someone who I didn't expect to make such good friends with. I haven't spent very much time with them at all, but already they've had an impact on me in a way that I could never have foreseen.

They motivate me, they encourage me, they compliment me, they support me...lots of things that I would ask for in someone whom I plan on spending an awful lot of time with. They understand me; in the short space of time, they know me. And that's awesome.

One of the things that I was surprised at, was how they made me feel. There's a rush of emotions and things; exhilaration, nerves, fear, excitement, and well, this morning I woke up pretty much weak at the knees. That's a first, but I half expected it. But it was still a great feeling.

The strange thing is, I think I've been looking for this person for a long time. But I didn't realise I was looking for them until suddenly out of the blue. A light went on in my head, and I thought, yes, this is what I want. This is what I've been looking for, I've needed this person in my life for a few years now.

Now, if I'm honest, I think it's the most unlikely friendship I could have formed. Seriously. Had I passed this person on the street? I probably wouldn't have taken a second glance. I probably wouldn't even have anything to say. But having been properly introduced, and despite what they've done to me, I have no regrets as yet; in fact I'm looking forward to spending more time with them, even though it's limited to such short periods.

Oddly enough, it's kind of freaky that to accommodate this 30 Day Fucking Shred, I have had to adopt Jillian Michaels as my BFF. She will help me with my February YOR. We had our first date last night, and despite being unable to get up and down the stairs today, I'm hoping this is the start of a long and beautiful relationship. She's all of the above and more. I love her so much.

And then maybe one day I'll kick her butt. Soon as I get the feeling back in my legs.
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Only thing is, she's my BFF too ;o)
    Glad you like the Shred, I've become some sort of freaky evangelist for it since I started doing it properly, and, like an over-enthusiatic religious person or something, I'm often worried that I shove it down people's throats and they'll hate me for it. But it is just so damned good that I can't resist recommending it at every opportunity. So phew for you thinking it's right for you!


  2. Cassandra Says:

    LOL!!! I actually had to read this post twice before I had any idea what you were going on about!! :D
    I might need to borrow your bff at some point if she is as good as you say :) Or at least find my own, on amazon perhaps ;) xxx