@cosmicgirlie
Due Date: 04/21/2009
Week: 29+2 days
Month: 7
Trimester: 3
Fetus Age: 27 weeks
Time to Go: 74 days
Size: TBC, but my guess is, roughly baby-sized

Alright, alright, so we have success with second time around. I found some very useful tips.

1) Ask for it to be as COLD AS POSSIBLE. Warm phlegm = HELL to the NO.

2) DO NOT chug. Even when the nurses/phlebotomists are sitting there going "Chug! Chug! Chug!". I implore you. DO NOT CHUG.

3) You are advised to SIP in VERY SMALL mouthfuls. This way you will not feel obliged to begin retching and then to spit out (or swallow it back down, if you're feeling that determined) when you have a mouth full of (Lucozade flavoured) phlegm.

4) Pray and hope for the best.

It took me 20 minutes to down the cupful (which I'm SURE was more full than the other day...measured amount my ass...) but it went down, and stayed there.

What they DIDN'T tell me was that I would then have to sit STILL for 2 hours, and couldn't go to my physio appointment, booked from last week. They looked at me like I'd lost the plot when I announced I'd be back soon.

I nearly did lose the plot and felt like clocking them with my crutches (yes, yes, the crutches are back...), and now won't get an appointment for a week or so. I am therefore resorting to walking around, actually hoiking my bump off my pelveis with my hands. It's fun to watch, even more fun to do, and I'm sure just down right hilarious to every one else.

They said they would call me if there were any problems, i.e. the test coming back positive, or if there were any other major concerns. It's now been 24 hours and I haven't heard from them, so you know, hopes up and everyting, it's all good.

I had fun sitting there for nearly three hours (because they forgot to tell me that they don't call you back, you have to go back to the room) and loved the vindictive nurse who jabbed me so hard with the 2nd needle, my arm was stinging for 4 hours afterwards. But it's ok, I have a sense of humour!! See??? HAHHH!AAAHHAAAA!!!!

I haven't pooped in nearly 4 days. *tsk*
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Gotta say your blog is seriously putting me off ever having little people of my own! Lol!!
    Although with the serious lack of man action in my life at the mo that could be a good thing.... ;S
    Hope youre feeling ok now, and no more sugarly phlemness!!
    xxx


  2. leta joy Says:

    Ooooh, so sorry about the non-poopage. That bites. I remember those days well. Not fun.