Oh my god.



Sooo....you'd think I'd worked out the best way to properly blog the last mind blowing, stir crazy, up, down, whiz of a whirl last 2 weeks. I figure, the easiest way to do it might be like this.

Day 1
Sun 6th Jan - Noah's Birth
My mind officially exploded that day. I gave birth, at home, in a birthing pool, to a 10lb 15oz baby, and on that day, I became a mother, and I finally started to realise what love really is.

Day 2
Mon 7th Jan - Hospital Help
Here we are in hospital, me bleeding like a stuck pig with 2nd degree (borderline 3rd degree) tearing and Noah struggling to learn how to latch on properly. He does this thing where as soon as he knows something is near his mouth, he'll move his head around frantically and excitedly, it's actually quite funny. However, I discovered the need to learn how to hand express milk/colostrum because there was just no getting him on. I was mortified when I couldn't even get enough of that and they had to supplement with formula.

We did ok though; by 9:00 that evening he was breastfeeding like a trooper.

MIL, BILs, Mum and FIL all visited today too. They all looked so proud.

I'm getting an amazing amount of sleep. And my greatest achievement today? I pooped. It was quite possibly on of the easiest things I've ever done.

Day 3
Tues 8th Jan - Homeward Bound
Noah woke himself up bang on cue in the night and fed fantastically. This of course meant we could finally go home. His face has changed so much, I can't believe how different he looks already.

It was so lovely to get home, needless to say I didn't move around much but I didn't care; my hips and pelvis were killing me, my stitches were agony but I was home. D had cleared up everything - sorted out the pool and tidied everything up. Legend.

Day 4
Weds 9th Jan - Got milk?
I don't remember much about today...we had the usual influx of Grandparents visiting. Lots of texts and phone calls...

Noah got his first nickname - The Stig. He makes brilliant sound effects like a car screeching round a corner. That could be my fault, for all the Top Gear I've been watching. Mmmmm Richard Hammond...

I do recall waking up this morning and my milk came in. Holy shit, there's no messing with a pair of breasts when that happens. I've evolved approx. 3 cup sizes bigger - from pre-preg til now I've gone from a D to an H cup. Yes...oh yes.

Have you ever tried to go to the loo topless without smothering yourself in breast milk?

Day 5
Thurs 10th Jan - Weightlifting, anyone?
Er, Noah rolled over onto his side today. Dear god.

Day 7
Sat 12th Jan - Ugh
I do NOT feel good. My nipples are screaming and I cry through most feeds. Noah cries leading up to every feed. And I can't get him on fast enough because I'm shit scared of the pain. (I deliver a 10lbs 15oz boy and I'm scared of the Nipple Pain? Go figure.)

Uncle K and Uncle A visited. That was ok, apart from I sat there with a migraine the whole time. I think I may have died several times that evening. I'm hot and tired. And I hurt badly. And Noah is screaming. A lot.

Day 8
Sun 13th Jan - Happy 1 Week To Us
I cannot move. My legs have siezed up. I cannot move them. My boobs are like rocks. Lava rocks. Molten red hot lava rocks. My 39.4 degree fever means I'm slowly baking in bed. A bed of sweat. I actually want to die OOOOOOOOOMG. My head is pounding with the World's Best Migraine, MW#73 visits and says I have Mastitis, and my SPD is reminding me of what it can do, which is to cripple me.

Noah, of course, is perfectly fine. I, am on antibiotics, pain killers and bed rest. And poor attempts at trying to pump express so that he wouldn't starve were just icing on the beautiful pain-filled bitter-sweet cake.

Day 9
Mon 14th Jan - Don't Stop Me Now
Bed rest works a treat. I'm still stuck in bed, but at least I can get myself to the loo.

Noah - fine form as ever. He's amazing.

Day 10
Tues 15th Jan - Like a Stuck Pig
Noah grunts. All night. Like nothing I have ever heard in my life. It sounds like he's straining to let go of a humongous bowel movement, and his life depends on it. And he does it at night. All. Freaking. Night. Do you think he wakes up? Does he cry? Do we get any sleep? Dear God, no.

Day 12
Thurs 17th Jan - It's a Wonderful World
OUTDOORS!!! There's a world outside the front door...and it's fab. Noah, D and I ventured out, in the car and it was good. We went to Moseley to drop off some stuff at the newly moved music shop, which made me verrrrrry happy. I may find myself camping on their doorstep.

Then we did something great - we got Noah registered. He's officially legal. As I have been regularly over the last 12 days, I'm blown away and my heart has melted again. It seems to do it repeatedly several times a day. My son (!) can have a passport now if he wants.

Speaking of which, we've booked Jamaica in April - he's going to meet his Great Grandfather. It's a family first for over 35 years.

Day 13
Fri 18th Jan - Little Big Steps
Tonight, as I sit here typing this, D and I are sitting watching tv. Noah is not in the room. I have a little white thing next to me that makes the occasional baby noise. It's Noah, and he's upstairs in his Moses basket, asleep. On his own. In our room. It's the strangest feeling ever. Like I put something down and forgot to pick it up again.

It's amazing how much you can love someone you never met before within two weeks.

Labels: | edit post